Friday, May 8, 2009

Obscene "word verification" demands placed upon me

I understand that "word verifications" are used when you are signing up to things/leaving comments on blogs &c. &c. so as to prevent false internet identies and the propogation of spam most foul.  You have to type the word you see on the screen into the bar below.

Nevertheless, having just been asked to type in the word "cunsests" to match an image of that word shown on my screen, and to leave a blog comment, I wonder if the means defeat the ends.  I wonder. 

5 comments:

  1. Youtube word verifications are the worst. I usually have to click reload multiple times before they give me one that i can actually decipher. You can't tell me that a computer won't do a better job than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm.... I just got a rather pleasant one: 'ching'

    ReplyDelete
  3. what I want to know is why the 'help I can't read the word' button is a person in a wheelchair

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the wheelchair icon hears me. It just gave me 'handi'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there are "special" people out there, like us obviously, that can't ready the word verifications. Like magic eye puzzles, I can't do those either.

    ReplyDelete